Friday 2 August 2013

Srilaxmi Kamojwala says full coverage of Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm Review


Claims : A lightweight foundation alternative for dry, dehydrated skin, this formula is ultra-rich, and blends easily, giving skin a dewy look with light coverage. SPF 25 helps protect skin against damaging UVA/B rays. Dermatologist tested.

Price : It costed me around Rs 3,000 but it would be priced differently at different places. On website it says $50, which would be around Rs 2,250 for 30 ml product.

A few points to note :
This tinted moisturiser is suited only for dry to very dry skin. If you have normal, combination or oily skintype, don’t bother about picking up.
I have dry to very dry skin so I am heads over heels in love with it.
It gives sheer coverage. If you like your base product to provide you with good coverage , this might not be for you.
The shade I picked up is Medium to Dark tint.


Comes in a glass pot and has this little partition cap on top of it.

What I like about Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm
The texture is so creamy and it glides on like a dream. I apply it with my fingers to spread the the balm on my face and neck and my base makeup is dine within seconds. It also great for mature skin.
This moisurizing balm gives you ” my-face-but-better” kind of finish . It looks very dewy so I set it with powder to reduce the dewyness. I am all for dewy look but this is a little too much.
It amazing how well it stays on all day long.
It is very hydrating.
You barely need a pea sized amount to your full face and neck so this would last me for quite long.
Excellent product for winters. It is amazingly emollient.
Despite being so creamy, it does not feel heavy at all.
Never ever settles in fine lines or looks cakey. If you like natural looking skin, this is definitely a product for you. It also reduces the appearance of fine lines.
You have 8 shades to choose from. but this is the kind of product where a shade lighter or darker would not matter much. So you’d definitely be able to find one for your skin tone.

What I don’t like about Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm
I barely ever talk about price in my reviews but this is VERY expensive for what it is. I totally love the finish of this tinted moisturizing balm . Also, the fact that you do get a lot of product in the jar but for a tinted moisturiser it is too over priced.
It has that vicks sort of smell. It does fade away within seconds but it might bother a few people.
It comes in a bulky glass jar so you have to be careful with storing it. Forget about carrying with you anywhere.
It is very hydrating but you cannot skip a moisturiser.
You have to massage this product in your skin, just like you’d massage a balm. Or else it would just sit on top of you skin. Trust me, not good!
Not available in India.

Here is the swatch of the Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizing balm – medium to dark

And this is the blended version. You can see the shine and dewyness it gives.


Overall, I guess it has an equal share of its pros and cons. I do think it is quite a replaceable product. In fact, you can make one at your home by mixing ultra moisturizing cream and a hint of foundation.

I do loveeee it a lot but I may not repurchase it. It was an impulse buy and I definitely do not regret picking it up. ;)

1 comment:

Our Reviews are Impartial and we are not connected to any product or company. Your comments are welcomed but spamming are never tolerated.

Copyright © 2013 Indian Fashion Journal | Powered by Blogger